Understanding Home & Contents Insurance

living room

It doesn’t matter whether you live in a one-bedroom condo or a five-bedroom detached black and white house, your home is your kingdom, which is why it’s important to make sure that you have the right protection in place in case something should go wrong.
What if there was a fire or your home was damaged in a storm? Would you be able to pay for the repairs? Your home also contains some of your most valuable possessions. Could you afford to replace your laptops, bikes, TVs or your precious jewellery collection if you were targeted by burglars?
Buildings insurance covers the structure of your home – such as the roof, walls and windows – as well as the renovations such as the kitchen and the bathroom fixtures. Buildings insurance policies vary, but they should all insure your home in case of fire, natural disaster, accidental damage and loss, theft and vandalism.
If you rent your home, this aspect of coverage should be of particular interest to you as with so many of our clients.


Contents insurance insures your personal belongings – furniture, a/v equipment, kitchenware, electronics, fine art, wardrobe, bikes, sports gear, instruments, and your other personal items – against loss or damage caused by accidents, theft, and natural disasters.


As an extension of your home policy, you can insure your personal belongings even outside of your home, which makes the cover attractive for those protecting valuable jewelry and other portable items.


Contact the Expat Insurance team today and we can guide you through options based on your own unique collection of belongings and your insurance requirements.



Home & Lifestyle

Fill In The Form To Get An Immediate Quote


Fill In The Form To Get An Immediate Quote


Fill In The Form To Get An Immediate Quote

Oops! We could not locate your form.

Download Guides

Please fill in the form to download.