woman with camera

Protecting Your Valuable Possessions

If you possess valuable items such as an engagement ring, a watch collection or other precious family heirlooms and antiques, you need to ensure that you’ve got insurance that’s up to the job.  You can either choose to add your valuable possessions to your existing home insurance policy, or by purchasing specific jewellery cover.


Most insurers offer a range of policies to suit different needs and budgets. If you own something worth more than the single item limit – such as an engagement ring or watch – you should call your home insurance provider and get the item listed separately on your insurance policy. That way it will be insured up to its full value.


When insuring your precious valuables, it’s important that your policy includes ‘personal possessions’ cover as this will ensure your valuables are protected outside your home. For example, you might take your expensive camera to a friend’s wedding, only for it to be damaged beyond repair. Again, you should check that the single item limits on your policy are adequate.


How would you feel if your engagement ring, camera, inherited antiques or designer handbags were stolen, lost or damaged? For more information regarding the most suitable protection for your valuable items we invite you to click here to speak with a friendly Expat Insurance Advisor.


Authored By John Ntatsopoulos


Over the course of his 34 years career, our CEO, John, have worked predominately in the area of insurance and financial services across major APAC…


We'd love to hear from you!
Leave your contact details below with a
little note telling us how we can help you.

We've got you covered!

Corporate enquiries:
+65 6439 8026
[email protected]

Individual enquiries:
+65 6401 9201
+65 3110 3220
[email protected]