Bringing Your Family Pet To Singapore
Bringing a furry friend halfway across the world is a complicated process, which may be drawn out even further based on the location you are starting from. Before transporting your family pet across the world, educate yourself on the necessary immunisations, travel requirements, and quarantines that apply if you choose to bring your pet to Singapore.
Below we’ve outlined the steps to research when considering relocating your pet to Singapore:
1. Before deciding to bring dogs or cats into Singapore, consider your pet’s age, medical conditions and the potential stress on the animal during travel. Talk to others who’ve done this to see how their pet fared.
2. Check that the breed of your dog or cat is allowed in Singapore. Did you know that pitbulls and mastiffs are some of the breeds not allowed in Singapore? Do your research beforehand here.
3. Check your country’s rabies risk category. Singapore is a country with undetermined risk of rabies according to the AVA’s website, which means your furry friend will be required to be quarantined for a minimum of 30 days at the Sembawang Animal Quarantine Station (SAQS) upon their arrival in Singapore.
4. It is also important that you check in with the management of your new housing to make sure that they do not have any additional guidelines. Depending where you live (HDB or Condo) there are different rules and regulations based on the size of your pet and breed.
5. Reserve quarantine space with AVA three months prior to your arrival in Singapore here. From 1 January 2016, you will need to obtain a dog licence before applying for an AVA Import Licence.
6. Purchase a proper pet transportation container – ensuring your pet is comfortable is a priority for their journey!
Did you know that there are international pet relocation services available that will manage the process in a way that is convenient for you and loving toward your pet? To find out more about bringing your pet into Singapore, click here.
Enjoy the Best of Singapore with Medical Insurance | GET A QUOTE | Mon-Fri 9am-6pm for Complimentary Advice